Referrals to recognised agencies for specialist services
You're raising a family on your own and need help or support keeping it all together.
We work with you to assess and identify your most pressing needs. We have trained and experienced staff and social workers who offer practical support, resources and encouragement. Finding suitable housing, sourcing basic necessities, accessing the right entitlements, managing finances and personal wellbeing are just some of the challenges that families can face. We provide information and guidance on the rights and entitlements of families led by one person and offer ways for you to connect with other families in your community. If we don't offer a particular service directly we will advise of other services available and refer if required.
- Social work support and counselling for children, families and whānau
- Parent education programmes
- Budgeting advice
- Referrals to recognised agencies for specialist services
- Parent networking opportunities
- Self-esteem programmes for children
- Some financial assistance with school requirements and holiday camps
- Practical assistance with clothing supplies and household items
- Access to resources and information