WHO DO WE HELP?
Women and children suffering from domestic violence
MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF
You are a woman experiencing abuse and you need help
HOW DO WE HELP?
Palmerston North Womens Refuge is a specialist family violence organization which covers Horowhenua, Manawatu and Horowhenua District. We are striving to create an Aotearoa where all women and children are free from any form of family violence.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER?
- Educational programs (program sites - Danniverke, Levin and Palmerston North): Dragon Flies program -children aged 5-12 years Youth program /extended youth program - 12-17 years/ 17-20years
- Support and Advocacy Clients needing advocacy for WINZ , Police, lawyers, schools, housing, Court etc Community and outreach clients, risk assessment, on-going safety plans
- Residential Clients- Intake in Safe House for high safety risk clients
- Crisis line -24/7 operational
- Whanau Protect (installation of safety devices and assistance to secure property for high safety risk clients wanting to stay in their houses but are at high risk)
- Strengthening Safety Services - assessment on providing safety plans, risk assessments and follow up plans/referrals (court referral)
- Emergency Housing -referral through WINZ
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH
Opening Hours: 8am til 4pm
- 06 368 3640
- 24/7 Crisis Line 0800 REFUGE
- 58 Bath Street, Levin